James Bond cocktail recipe
- Khor vodka – 75 ml (2 1/2 oz)
- Dry vermouth – 15 ml (1/2 oz)
- 1 green olive
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Among all the classic alcohol cocktails, a special place is occupied by James Bond, for the making of which it is enough to properly mix vermouth with vodka, implementing a couple of other easy procedures. As is understood from its name, this beverage was popularized by the legendary British intelligence agent James Bond. What does the most stylish and sexy super-spy of all time drink? First of all, of course, vodka with vermouth (“shaken, not stirred!”).
In the movies, it is claimed that the main character himself invented the recipe for this drink in honor of the only woman he was truly in love with — Vesper Lind. (That drink was named Vesper Martini and initially contained gin.) It was this cocktail that the spy ordered in the seventh chapter of the Casino Royale book.
Due to the ingredients, another name of the beverage is Vodkatini.
The true history is as follows: Vodkatini first appeared in the United States in the 1950, and the name of the recipe author remains unknown. Before that, vermouth was mixed with gin, but due to the specific taste of wormwood with juniper, the combination was not successful. Replacing gin with vodka gave an amazing effect — the drink became number one among many Americans, and the appearance of a glass of Martini and vodka in the hands of famous movie characters added still greater popularity to the beverage. Now Vodkatini is on the cocktail list of the most reputable bars and other drinking establishments around the world.
JAMES BOND COCKTAIL RECIPE
1. Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes.
2. Add vermouth.
3. For 8 seconds, vigorously mix the contents of the glass with the back of the spoon. The ice must be saturated with the aroma of martini.
4. Pour in cold vodka and mix again for 8–10 seconds.
5. Pour the drink through the bar strainer into a pre-chilled martini glass.
6. Before serving, garnish it with olives on a toothpick or lemon zest.
The James Bond americano cocktail has an original rich taste, so you need to drink it in slow sips. In addition, the beverage is quite strong.